Saturday and Sunday, April 9 and 10, Press Street Gardens hosts three events for gardening enthusiasts, art fans, and others. Please join us!
Saturday, April 9, 10:30am- 12pm
Introduction to Medicine Making with Maypop Herb Shop
Want to start your own herbal apothecary? Maypop herbalists Rachael Reeves and Jen Stovall will cover the art of herbal preparations, their uses and differences. They’ll walk attendees through the process of making infusions, decoctions, and tinctures. They’ll also cover how to make an infused oil and vinegar.
Suggested donation $15-$30. Please bring a pint sized mason jar with you to the class.
Saturday, April 9, 5pm – 9pm
Second Saturday Plant Sale and Art Market
Press Street Gardens welcomes you to a Second Saturday Plant Sale and Art Market. Mosey on down to the corner of Press and Daupine Streets, from 5pm to 9pm, and you’ll find…
- Zines, artist books, comics
- Letterpress, stationery
- Jewelry & wearable art
- Functional and ornamental ceramics and pottery
- Original fine art and hand-pulled prints
- Homemade goods and garden wares.
- 15 varieties of herbs, cacti, tomatoes, melons, and cucumber
- Unique plants like loofah and rosella hibiscus
- Free seeds, courtesy of Parkway Partners and Ed Hume
- Baked goods and other treats created by NOCCA students
- Umbra, the literary journal of NOCCA’s Creative Writers
And don’t while you’re on Press Street, don’t miss the reception for “Word Play” in 5 Press Gallery from 6pm to 9pm.
Can’t make it? Don’t worry. We’ll hold another on Saturday, May 14th, from 5pm – 9pm.
ARTISTS! Want to participate in our upcoming markets? Visit https://
Sunday, April 10, 10am – 1pm
Press Street Gardens Plant Sale continues
We’ve got 25 varieties of tomatoes, and not a single one is run-of-the-mill! If you miss our nighttime plant sale on Saturday the 9th, you can still get great melons, cucumbers, peppers, flowers, herbs, medicinals, native plants, cacti and more on Sunday morning. We accept cash and plastic (and maybe even really cool barter).